More than $100 Million will be wagered on this year’s Super Bowl. Who are you betting on?
Here are some fun facts about Super Bowl LI –
1) Bookies and their clients have many choices in bets – including what some might consider silly bets known as prop bets. Some of them revolve around the coin toss (Patriots favor heads) or the National Anthem (will the Anthem performance go over or under, two minutes in length? Another prop bet this year- What number will be higher: Tiger Wood’s fourth round bogeys in the Dubai Desert Classic or Matt Ryan TD passes?
2) The Patriots are favorited over the Falcons by only 3 points so it’s predicted to be a very close game. Tom Brady has led the Patriots to four Super Bowl victories. Will this be the fifth?
3) Luke Bryan is singing the national anthem. Another prop bet: “What will Luke Bryan be wearing?” Blue jeans pay ½ odds with any other pants or shorts getting 3/2 odds.
4) Lady Gaga is headlining this year’s Halftime Show. Rumors are she will perform at the top of the stadium roof and will have a surprise guest. Fans are speculating it’s Beyoncé.
5) Super Bowl LI tickets start at over $3,000 and go as high as $16,360 (don’t worry – food and drinks are included).
6) Very few people outside of New Englanders root for the Patriots but many gamblers will bet on them.
7) Bill O’Reilly is interviewing Donald Trump during the show.
8) Of course just a popular as the game are the commercials. Millions watch the game only for the commercials and the most expensive ones this year costs over $5-Million dollars for a 30 second spot. Who is skipping this year after a 10-year run? Doritos. I guess they’ve sold enough for the time-being.
9) The Puppy Bowl will be airing on Animal Planet at 3 pm et. Watch for a Peta protest nearby.
Six new listings came on the market since I last blogged. We always expect an influx of inventory during the 2nd half of January. 2017 has been no exception!
629 Palisades Avenue– 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, $2,299,000. This West of 7th lot value is sure to get multiple offers. While the list price is lower than we are accustomed to seeing in this high demand area, the smaller corner lot- appx. 5,567 sqft. will most likely deter developers. First time on the market since 1986.
707 7th Street– is another land value offering. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths for $2,600,000. The existing house is just under 2,000 sqft on a 7,483 sqft lot. This is a trust sale and the home is being sold “as-is”. Multiple offers are expected in spite of the fact that it is very close to Montana Ave stores and cafes.
628 20th Street– 5 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, $3,695,000. This charming 1920s traditional is ready for updating. Just over 3,060 sqft, the $/SQFT rings in at $1206. This mid-range price point is hot right now and an owner-user will almost certainly swoop this one up. Pence Hathorn Silver last sold this home in 1992.
513 Marguerita Avenue– 4 bedrooms and 2.75 baths, $4,995,000. These west of 7th properties come to the market so rarely that I am sure there will be multiple offers on it in spite of the fact that the home itself has no value. The 11,857 sqft lot will attract both developers and owner-users that have been competing for properties in this pocket.
209 Euclid Street– 5 bedrooms and 6.5 baths listed by Partners Trust for $5,899,000. This is a 3-level, appx. 6,860 sqft Santa Barbara Spanish and was built in 2004. Classic floorplan and nicely appointed. Last sold in 2010 for $3,795,000.
633 24th Street– 5 bedrooms, 8.5 baths, $6,000,000. Built in 2006 with over 5,200 sqft- all above ground. Large rooms and high ceilings throughout. Last sold in 2006 for $4,495,000.
Three closed sales to report-
1010 San Vicente– 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, listed $2,995,000. Sold for $2,876,000 after 119 days on the market.
524 Lincoln– 2 bedrooms, 2 baths. Sold at asking for $3,099,000 after just 11 days on the market!
524 11th– 4 bedrooms and 4.5 baths, originally listed for $4,900,000. Sold for $4,750,000 after 73 days on the market.
Call me for a couple of upcoming attractions that are not yet listed in the MLS, priced from $1.9 million to $16 million. And….here are a few that we have listed in the MLS:
1024 Palisades Beach Road – 5 bedrooms and 8 baths $9,250,000
323 Adelaide Drive – 4 bedrooms and 6 baths $6,895,000
920 Alta Avenue – 6 bedrooms and 6.5 baths $6,595,000
215 21st Place – 5 bedrooms and 4.5 baths $4,595,000
1023 S. Bundy Drive – 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths $2,049,000