I was surprised and happy to see our new “front yard” being installed today! Our front yard in this case is actually the parkway between the sidewalk and the street. We finally have relief from the constant dirt, leaves and trash that accumulate quickly every day around the tree trunk roots.
Take a look at these before and after photos of the tree in front of my office. It might seem silly but it makes a huge difference.
Not much real estate news this week, so those of you that know me understand that when I am not thinking about real estate or ranting about something silly that the City did or did not do, my thoughts turn to food and drink. If you are already getting burned out on cooking for or entertaining your out-of-town guests, here are a few local places to consider:
- Third Street Promenade- Enjoy the Menorah lighting from Dec. 16th to Dec. 23rd at sundown.
- Catch a screening of the classic film “It’s A Wonderful Life” at the Aero Theater on Montana Avenue tonight the 19th and Sunday, Dec 21st. Elf will be screening on Dec. 20th. All films start at 7:30pm, tickets are $11 for general admission.
- Del Frisco’s Grill is hosting an Ugly Sweater party Dec. 20th from 6pm-10pm, enjoy passed appetizers, discount cocktails and a sweater contest. The event supports Toys for Tots so don’t forget to register online and bring an unwrapped toy.
- Ice Skating! Grab a hot drink and check out, ICE an outdoor skating rink, located on the corner of 5th Street and Arizona, a festive family activity open until January 19, 2015.
- Make a reservation at the Fig Restaurant for either Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas day brunch. Or click here for a list of other Holiday restaurants.
Here is your real-time real estate market info:
There are no new listings this week. There are 7 pending sales in escrow with 100 Esparta Way- listed by Pence Hathorn Silver- going into escrow this week. There are two closed sales bringing YTD to 64.
We do have a couple of properties that are not in the MLS. If you know anyone thinking of buying or selling, please call or email me.
No New Listings this Week
New Sales this Week
417 Euclid Street – 5 bedrooms + 8 baths. $5,995,000. Over 6,600 square feet of interior space. Main level with spacious office, large dining room. 4 en-suite bedrooms up and 1 en-suite bedroom down. Features wine cellar, media room, gym, game room, etc. Sold in March 2012 for $1,725,000.
100 Esparta Way – 4 bedrooms + 3 baths. $2,999,000. Listed by Pence Hathorn Silver. Stunning ocean and canyon views, north of San Vicente. Updated kitchen and baths. Tons of original details throughout! Family room with picture windows. Sunny master with canyon and ocean views and private balcony. Tranquil backyard with courtyard patio and deck surrounded by lush landscaping and treetop views. Last sold in June 2006 for $2,625,026.
New Closed Deals this Week
527 19th St. – 3 bedrooms + 3 baths. $3,750,000. Sold in less than two weeks!
714 10th St.– 3 bedrooms + 2 baths. $2,395,000.
Pence Hathorn Silver Active Properties:
345 21st St. – 6 bedrooms + 8 baths – $6,500,000
229 19th St. – 5 bedrooms + 7 baths – $5,999,000
303 9th St. – 5 bedrooms + 6.5 baths – $4,999,000
1544 12th St. #104 – 1 bedrooms + 1.5 baths – $1,195,000
26311 Bravo Lane– 3 bedrooms + 2.5 baths – $449,500
3166 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #33– 1 bedroom + 1 bath – $329,000
Search for more homes, see real time analytics and learn about the North Santa Monica / North of Montana Avenue community on our North of Montana blog. Add your comments (scroll down to the “Add Your Comment” section) and read other blogs. And please call my mobile phone (310) 924-4014 with any questions.