10-Things Your Real Estate Agent Doesn’t Tell You (Seller):
- People will be using your toilet, looking in your cupboards and may even sneak a peek inside your medicine cabinet.
- Your pets have an odor, and sometimes, so does your cooking.
- By asking prospective buyers to wear booties you risk them slipping and falling in your property. Many avoid this risk by opting to remove their shoes completely, thus touring the property in sweaty socks or bare feet.
- Although you spent a fortune remodeling your kitchen and baths in 1980, these upgrades hold no value today.
- Advertising doesn’t get properties sold. It is done to make Sellers happy. Open houses and allowing all private showing requests is the best way to find a Buyer.
- Buyers only buy houses that can be shown.
- Your neighbors are nosey.
- Your neighbor’s loud children or barking dogs may be hurting your chances of a sale.
- If you are not having showing requests, your list price is too high.
- Your agent’s reputation will affect the sale of your house.
10-Things Your Real Estate Agent Doesn’t Tell You (Buyer):
- If you are working with more than one agent you probably won’t hear about a killer new listing until after loyal clients have been notified.
- The showing appointment is actually at 11:45, but you were told it is at 11:30, because you are consistently late.
- You have Champagne taste with a Budweiser budget- it’s going to take some time to find the perfect property.
- Most Buyers never think to see what a house looks like after dark until it belongs to them.
- You are going to spend a couple thousand dollars on property inspections, and may decide not to proceed with the escrow. This may happen more than once.
- Great properties sell quickly at a premium. Like everything else in life- you get what you pay for.
- The Seller is actually moving because of a divorce (aka downsizing).
- Your “All Cash” offer isn’t worth as much as you seem to think it is.
- All agents have access to the same MLS listing information.
- Your agent’s reputation could affect the acceptance of your offer.
Here is your up to the minute real estate market info:
There are 16 homes available to buy North of Montana Avenue with 333 12th St. hitting the MLS yesterday. There are 10 homes in escrow. Closed sales remain the same at 20 homes closing year to date.
New Listings this Week
333 12th St. – 5bd + 5ba. $4,295,000. Beautiful California Spanish by renowned local architect Bob Ramirez. Living room with soaring ceilings, formal dining, patios, balconies, rooftop terraces, and lovely gardens.
No New Sales this Week
No Closed Deals this Week
Pence Hathorn Silver Active Properties:
502 16th St. – 5bd + 7.5ba – $8,495,000
601 17th St. – 5bd + 6ba – $4,495,000
168 S. Medio Dr. – 5bd + 3.5ba – $3,595,000
143 Foxtail Dr. – 4bd + 3.5ba – $3,095,000
12727 Sunset Blvd. – 4bd + 4.5ba – $2,395,000
844 17th St. #102 – 2bd + 2ba – $1,795,000
416 Entrada Dr. – 3bd + 1.75ba – $1,575,000
2512 28th St. #106 – 4bd + 3.5ba – $1,250,000
1330 Stanford St. #F – 2bd + 2.5ba – $1,189,000
Search for more homes, see real time analytics and learn about the North Santa Monica / North of Montana Ave. community on our North of Montana blog. Add your comments (scroll down to the “Add Your Comment” section) and read other blogs. And please call my mobile phone (310) 924-4014 with any questions.